Friday, August 06, 2004

The Manchurian Badonkablogger

Why would anyone care who I'm going to vote for. Most people probably imagine I don't even vote. Oh how far from the truth that is. But someone did ask me.

While there are very few burning issues in my head, I do get burned on taxes. On any given paycheck, uncle sam politely takes 3k-4k from me. Having been audited twice now, I've given up on trying to hide that money from them. Obviously I'm not a very good accountant, or a very good criminal. I'll stick to minor misdemeanors.

The whole terrorism thing doesn't scare me much. I have a much better chance of dieing from overdosing, or some psychotic woman hacking me to death after a night of passionate intimacy, as opposed to being the collateral damage of some terrorists idea of war. That being said, that still ranks pretty high on my priority list. If I had to pick my alignment, I'd have to say I'm somewhere in the area of Chaotic-Lawful, a Robin Hood of sorts, or maybe Batman. Deep down, I don't like to see innocent people get hurt. On the other hand, I'm a vengeful person.

Which leads me to another curious point. On the whole conservative/liberal thing, the liberals are pro-choice/anti-death penalty whereas the conservatives are pro-life/pro death penatly. That strikes me as a little more then just odd. I did read that 73% of republicans are pro-choice anyhow. The pro-lifers are pretty much the minority in this country, as they should be.

I had to take someone to an abortion clinic once. What an interesting experience that was. There wasn't the mass rioting outside that you'd expect. There was however one molester looking gentleman that was picketing with a sign that looked something similar to a plate of spaghetti. He cursed at me quite a bit while I drove by and walked in. After a couple hours of sitting in there I was bored, so I went outside and wanted to talk to the guy. Just a civil conversation to see what was on his mind. I couldn't get a word in edgewise. He kept spouting off religious epitaths and verses from the bible. Waving his spaghetti sign at me, calling me the anti-christ. I sat there for over 30 minutes listening to him and watching him. He never grew tired, or let up. I finally got hungry and left to go get some lunch. Strangely enough after seeing that speghetti sign, I did want some pasta. Great italian restaurants over on that side of town.

I guess myself and those nappy NOW whores do have something in common. We are both pro-choice. I reasonably doubt however that we will vote for the same candidate.

1 Comments:

Blogger NoTONoEagles said...

Help Mommy, there are Liberals! underneath my bed!!! (No, seriously, that's the name of the book...) Don't believe me? The dang thing's on Amazon, not some hippie-press bullcrap ;) Anyway, thought you might enjoy, pinko ;)

November 8, 2005 at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home