Monday, August 09, 2004

Interview With A Badonkablogger

The soft mellow glow of fluorescent overhead office lighting. After a weekend of boating, I find it immensely difficult to come in and stare at this monitor. The soft low hum of the lights is driving me crazy. For about 30 minutes this morning, I unplugged everything in my office and turned everything off. It was peaceful.

Then the reality we call life kicked in.

I went out of my way to try and understand this fascination with NASCAR. One of my sun goddesses brought her friend along this weekend, and she happen to be a huge NASCAR fan. So for the sake of curiousity and big boobs, I queried her fascination on the topic. She started to explain it to me, and by some genetic malfuction of my body, every word she said failed to even register a thought in my head. It was as if she was talking, but the mute button was on. I could tell she was very passionate about what she was defending. Somewhere in the muted stated I was in, something broke though and I began to hear her again. Apparently this 24 year old was on her third boob job. She underwent her first one at 18 and went from a B cup to a big C. Next up 22, to a D, now, she's happy with her 34DD's. They look good on her. She probably has a 22 or 24 inch waist, so they aren't overly huge, but big enough to draw attention to her tiny frame. God bless plastic surgery.

I kept trying to get one of the ladies to write a big N and W on their butt cheeks. I wanted them to plaster that, and bend over so I could take a picture, and honor my NOW friends who I have to deal with every work day. I could only imagine the tongue lashing I would get if I had a photo of that in my office.

My dock neighbor was finally out again this weekend. He's been busy with family affairs lately. I enjoy talking to him, but mostly I miss seeing his gorgeous wife. She's held up well after marriage and two kids. She's a good woman, treats him well, does pretty much everything he wants, but it's obvious he is bored with her. He kept joking around about swapping her for one of my sun goddesses. I just told him if he can get the sun goddess, take her. The grass is always greener on the other side. I can't stress this enough. Maybe I just suffer from chronic depression, or maybe I just sucked in too many exhaust fumes this weekend. I burned through 400 gallons of fuel and we spent the entire night Friday docked. All day Saturday we just trolled about. The girls wanted to go au natural, so we idled around most of the day.

I'm still on the boat. I can't concentrate at all. I guess I'll juts close my door and take a nap until 5.

Live long and prosper,
Badonkablogger

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone has days when they are down, worn out, social anxiety disorder symptom and just not feeling all that happy.

That's OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?

Even though you know that sadness (social anxiety disorder symptom) is a part of life, let's try to make it a small part of life.

With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!

1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.

2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.

3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like "I feel good", "Positive energy flows through my body", "I see the good in all".

4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn't have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.

5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.

6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for "Meditation music" on Google or Yahoo and explore.

Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.

These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don't just use them when you are sad or social anxiety disorder symptom . Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.

On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can't seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don't take any chances. social anxiety disorder symptom

October 24, 2005 at 5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a anxiety disorder site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

November 8, 2005 at 6:07 AM  
Anonymous stress said...

you have got a good blog nice layout. I hace a stress related blog as well as website http://www.reduce-your-stress.info . If you have time anytime have a look. May be use full to you and your friends

February 6, 2006 at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home